[SOLVED] Bluetooth Woes

MaxArk

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
I'm running a Windows 8.1 Gateway laptop. I recently purchased a Bluetooth dongle hoping to be able to connect my Sony WI-C300 headphones to my laptop to listen to music.

It was agonizinly painful to get the lap top to Pair with the headphones, but it is done. I cannot however for the life of me connect to them!

I go into the playback device settings, I see the WI-300 headphones are disconnected. I right click to get the menu, from which I click "Connect". Absolutely nothing happens. I can click till the cows come home, with no connection. No errors, just nothing. I've rebooted and nothing. I have disable the default speakers, but I do not have the option to make the WI-|C300 as default playback device. Its greyed out in the menu.

I feel so close yet so far. Anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
Unfortunately bluetooth pairing is not always seamless between all devices. You could simply have two that won't work together. You can check with their support for newer drivers, if you can find any, some of those generic brands are just about impossible to find drivers for aside from the included disk. Might also be a Windows 8 issue, try the dongle on a system with 10 see if that works.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model Bluetooth dongle? Source?

Which model Gateway laptop?

Did you install or reinstall the dongle's drivers? Do so manually - no third party downloader/installation software.

Not unusual to see "pairing" but no actual connection. And pairing itself can be, as you put it, " agonizinly painful". Could be hardware, software, configuration... Any number of reasons and potential issues there.

My suggestion/question: Are you able to try pairing and connecting on another computer?

MaxArk

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
Thank you Ralston18 for reaching out with your support. Until I have an opportunity to try to connect on another computer, letme just answer the questions you asked. Perhaps that information can help diagnose a bit closely. Clearly the ability to connect to another computer will isolate the problem.

Zexmte dongle purchased via Amazon. Include were CSR 4.0 drivers, which I was unable to cleanly install without an error during installation. I can't recall exactly, something about unable to connect to regsvr32(similar). It didn't stop the install process, it was allowed to continue but I always suspect a flawed installation anytime that happens.

Gateway NE56R16h laptop running Windows 8.1 64bit

Prior to trying to connect my headphonrs (Sony WI-C300), I was successful in connecting my bluetooth portable speakers.

Unfortunately bluetooth pairing is not always seamless between all devices. You could simply have two that won't work together. You can check with their support for newer drivers, if you can find any, some of those generic brands are just about impossible to find drivers for aside from the included disk. Might also be a Windows 8 issue, try the dongle on a system with 10 see if that works.

Solution