Question Bluetooth wont remember my device.

King Zapata

Prominent
Oct 24, 2022
Hey!

Some context before

i have an oldie asus rampage extreme iv and i always had problems with the bluetooth, mostly with controllers like the Dualshock, basically it would give me input lag and disconnect the controller suddenly and reconnecting, after many tries i decided to just get an xbox controller with a dongle and i just forgot about the bluetooth, my Xbox one controller finally decided to die and had to go back to bluetooth, after many research i found a thread basically with a lot of people explaining that the blueooth device included in the asus rampage extreme iv was basically just [redacted vulgarity] and they suggest to other people getting a generic bluetooth dongle which i did.

now with the problem, i disabled the internal bluetooth in device manager and let the new one take control of it, it works good, i can finally use my DS4 and other controllers but the problem comes when i turn of the controller, if i want to use the controller normally you just turn it on and the bluetooth just detected it and because is already paired it starts working again (i know this because thats how the [redacted vulgarity] bluetooth functioned) well this one doesnt, if i want to use the controller again i need eliminate the controller form the paired list and then do the pairing again and this is always, i mean its better than before but i was wondering if any of you guys know if there is an option i need to check or something interal or if is just this dongle who basically cost me like 2 dollars lol

TLDR: My new usb bluetooth ask me to pair everytime im trying to use a controller and i want to know if it i can fix this with a windows option or something

thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on the make and model of the USB driven adapter that you're using to pair the controller with the PC? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you currently on? Are you sure about the model for your Asus motherboard? If I were you, I'd tear down the entire system, remove the motherboard and remove eh wireless module, and inspect the wireless adapter that's inside the card. Chances are very high that you can replace it with something from Intel's portfolio and be able to get WiFi and BT sorted out and reduce more devices in your system.