Question blurry and grainy image in all games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 22, 2022

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/uedq2p/help_with_motion_blur_on_msi_optix_g24c4/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Be good to know exact model your monitor is so we can look at more specific discussions/ reviews.
Yeah, I noticed ghosting. Do you think it's related to this?
Will changing the monitor solve my problem?
But I don't think it has much to do with the poor image quality, not only in motion but also when standing still.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022
Lower quality video maybe, as in not as crisp compared to actually playing so you notice more.

What monitor was that and from where?

Need to try your pc with an IPS monitor, a friend or even TV might do if it's any good for consoles/gaming.

I tried it with my brother's Philips 241E1SCA/01 23.6″ 4ms 75Hz FreeSync VA monitor.

I put a photo and screenshot of my monitor for better comparison :
the monitor is too bright, my bad

https://ibb.co/Y84dwkG

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah screenshot is a lot clearer, especially with the leaves. But this could be just poorer photo quality from phone.

Have you tried your monitor on your brothers pc? I'm guessing you have and it's fine on his no doubt, including his own monitor.

What graphics card is he running then?

Also in a previous post of mine linking other threads on similar issue there is this, did you try it?

I have the same monitor i guess you mean not motion blur but ghosting. I had the same issue. Go to your monitor menu Gaming -> Response Time and change it from fastest to fast this will probably fix your problem.

Oct 22, 2022
Yeah screenshot is a lot clearer, especially with the leaves. But this could be just poorer photo quality from phone.

Have you tried your monitor on your brothers pc? I'm guessing you have and it's fine on his no doubt, including his own monitor.

What graphics card is he running then?

Also in a previous post of mine linking other threads on similar issue there is this, did you try it?
That's actually what happened. I put my own ssd in my brother's computer and the picture quality was as bad as it is now.
So I thought the ssd was broken. that I replaced my own ssd. I realize this is a very strange thing

GTX 1050 Tİ

I tried. Nothing has changed