bModo's Touchscreen Tabet Does Win7, Atom

Status
Not open for further replies.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Looks pretty solid. Better camera would be nice. And maybe a custom touch interface on top of Win7.

I read all the way to the end, waiting for the "And all this can be yours for the low, low price of $999.. oh yeah, and the battery only lasts 37 minutes. And it weighs 5lbs."

I like the sound of it, but I'll remain skeptical until all the details are out.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Unity for Ubuntu 10.10 is the answer to all of this tablet jargon. Simple and lightweight like the iPad interface but not as cluttered and heavy as the Windows interface.

Really. Good stuff.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Dam thats awesome, just the same issues that christopherknapp said give some space for upgrades.
This is the future, they have to increase the HDD and RAM, thats all.
I am SOLD

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]This is more like it, though the specs are on the weak side. Fullscreen 720p YouTube is probably out of the question thanks to GMA 500.[/citation]
I am pretty sure the article said the tablet had a: discrete 1080p HD video accelerator.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Wow, finally a tablet that doesn't seem completely useless. Widescreen, HD video, HDMI out and a decent amount of storage might make this at least somewhat interesting.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Exactly what I need, but add the dock with static keyboard. with BT it can use an external keybard. add RAM to it and 4g in the slot- and keep it under 700 bucks and you will sell a million of them by lunch..

G

If you read the warranty crap from their website it seems a bit dodgy!! I'll stick to the Viewpad from Viewsonic me thinks

http://www.bmodo.com/support.html

Please keep a copy of the original invoice/receipt in order to obtain
warranty service. This 1 year limited warranty is valid for 1 year from the date of the original purchase of the product, as long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions.:
•Removal and/or defacing of serial/part number stickers on any bModo products will void all warranties.
•To obtain a RMA number to send defective products to RMA service, a copy of the original invoice/receipt is required.
•Products purchased second hand or from an auction site do not carry any warranty.
•bModo does not offer refund on products not purchased directly from bModo.
•There is no physical damage to the products that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation or handling, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket installation, and water damage of any kind.
•bModo reserves the right to claim for shipping fees along with a service charge from the customer for any incomplete or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when the customer is not entitled to any coverage under this warranty.
•bModo will cover all return shipping back to our US and Canadian customers for the RMA replacement with free ground shipping through FedEx or USPS. If bModo determines that the product is not factory defective, the customer will pay bModo a fee for testing, examination, shipping and handling at the prevailing bModo rate.
•bModo reserves the right to change this policy without advance notice. Service charge is variable based upon the actual material cost to replace missing or modified parts back to their original factory condition. In such case, bModo will not perform any warranty repair or replacements until the consent is made from customers.
•bModo technical department has the final authority to conclude for any warranty repair or non-warranty repair.

brogahn

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
the warranty seems a bit dodgy..

looks like it's the viewpad for me

http://www.bmodo.com/support.html

Limited Warranty Information
Product Model: bModo12
One Year Limited Warranty
Please keep a copy of the original invoice/receipt in order to obtain warranty service. This 1 year limited warranty is valid for 1 year from the date of the original purchase of the product, as long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions.:
•Removal and/or defacing of serial/part number stickers on any bModo products will void all warranties.
•To obtain a RMA number to send defective products to RMA service, a copy of the original invoice/receipt is required.
•Products purchased second hand or from an auction site do not carry any warranty.
•bModo does not offer refund on products not purchased directly from bModo.
•There is no physical damage to the products that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation or handling, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket installation, and water damage of any kind.
•bModo reserves the right to claim for shipping fees along with a service charge from the customer for any incomplete or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when the customer is not entitled to any coverage under this warranty.
•bModo will cover all return shipping back to our US and Canadian customers for the RMA replacement with free ground shipping through FedEx or USPS. If bModo determines that the product is not factory defective, the customer will pay bModo a fee for testing, examination, shipping and handling at the prevailing bModo rate.
•bModo reserves the right to change this policy without advance notice. Service charge is variable based upon the actual material cost to replace missing or modified parts back to their original factory condition. In such case, bModo will not perform any warranty repair or replacements until the consent is made from customers.
•bModo technical department has the final authority to conclude for any warranty repair or non-warranty repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.