BMW Thermaltake Gaming Mouse Now a Reality

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pomop

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
[citation][nom]deicided[/nom]Looks about as ugly and uncomfortable as the RAT[/citation]
You must not have used the R.A.T. The mouse is one of the most comfortable ones I've ever used. In case you didn't know, it has interchangeable parts so you get the wrist height you desire, as well as the pinkie side style you desire. All while being able to change the weight of it.

G

The R.A.T. is ridiculously comfortable. I would suspect that this would be more so. I do tend to sweat quite a bit playing games, so if the perforated surface actually helped with cooling or taking away sweat then I would definitely buy it. The colour choices are quite enchanting even though they shouldn't be...

I'd need to know that it was built to take a beating though.

samkl

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Looks ugly but it works. I wonder, what if they would've made an enclosure type of a case to protect against dirt and make it look less dangerous to use?

G

Air vents for your palm? Not sure how most people hold their mouse, but those holes aren't going to dry off my palm... nowhere even close.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]pomop[/nom]You must not have used the R.A.T. The mouse is one of the most comfortable ones I've ever used. In case you didn't know, it has interchangeable parts so you get the wrist height you desire, as well as the pinkie side style you desire. All while being able to change the weight of it.[/citation]

I have used the RAT 7 the gaps and various edges of the mouse ar uncomfortable as fuck and I'm not the only one that thinks so there are just as many people that dislike and have used the RAT as there are those that love it.

jesh4622

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
You would expect at least Estoril Blue and Brittish Racing Green? Come on BMW. As others have said, I'd expect something with more aesthetic value if BMW's name is going onto it.

h4ndsome

Honorable
May 21, 2012
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]g9x is still better[/citation]

I love G9X, but I'm feeling like there's a lack of buttons. I've had to resort to remapping the side scrolling and the up/down on the wheel just to play GW2. Also the horribly hard and mushy feeling of the wheel click.

Logitech could easily squeeze in two more buttons for each finger and fix the horrible feeling of the wheel. I'd gladly pay another 100$ for that.

billcat479

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I can't help but compare it to the George Foreman cooking thing that drains fat. Will there be a sweat drip pan that you have to empty over time.. LOL.. That's funny
I can't help noticing it looks uncomfortable but with this it's adjustable so it may actually be better than a standard built mouse for comfort once the owner adjusts it to fit their hand.
Everyone has some difference in their hands and no one mouse fits all so making it adjustable seems to fix this issue so why complain when first no one has tried it on here can really say how it would feel. I think I'll keep a eye on it instead of putting my foot in my mouth right now for not picking up the details mentioned in the article and contradicting what was said.
The only thing I don't like is price which has gone with every mouse these days, even 50.00 for a mouse is way overpriced. They prob. cost 2.00 to make, add in all the production costs and still I don't think any mouse is worth over 20.00.. But they sell em and people buy em at high costs so why would they ever consider lowering costs?

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]g9x is still better[/citation]

In fact I still prefer The Roccat Kone[+]. You just can't beat Easy Shift[+]. I've owned the G9x but the usability of the Kone[+] is superior in every way.

The Level 10M has a series of commendable features too; The height and angle adjustment is an incredible feature and the perforated area might come in handy for long gaming sessions.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]leandrodafontoura[/nom]I somehow feel that gamers relate to this design somehow, it can be said its on the same range as some keyboards and cases, apparently, a "military" "robust" "b-movie future high-tech" is a popular fashion for gamers. Make them feel bad-ass I suposeThis is the type of product that make people who prefer stylish designs switch to Apple computers.[/citation]

Now now, there's no need to make such broad generalizations about gamers and hardware you've almost certainly never used. Show me any piece of Apple hardware as customizable as this mouse or one of the RAT series. Apple's designs have been nice but "rounded and white" is getting a bit old dontcha think? If you want to come out of the closet as an iBoy, that's fine but no need to comment on hardware you've no interest in even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.