Bonded ADSL2+ question

Eddie Castle

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2013
I need to replace my current DSL modem, centurylink told me I need an ADSL2+ modem. Considering a CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T, which is labeled as Bonded ADSL2+. Not sure what Bonded is, just that I don't currently have it or need it. Is a bonded ADSL2+ modem compatible with a standard ADSL2+ DSL line? My current DSL modem is a ZyXEL C1000Z.

Solution
Please ask a question one time, and in a single section of the forum. Use tags to expand the topic. Be patient. Thank you.

See here for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.992.5

From the link:

"Also ADSL2+ allows port bonding. This is where multiple ports are physically provisioned to the end user and the total bandwidth is equal to the sum of all provisioned ports. So if 2 lines capable of 24 Mbit/s were bonded the end result would be a connection capable of 48 Mbit/s download and twice the original upload speed. Not all DSLAM vendors have implemented this functionality. ADSL2+ port bonding is also known as G.998.x or G.Bond."

Eddie Castle

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Eddie Castle : "Bonded ADSL2+ question"

I need to replace my current DSL modem, centurylink told me I need an ADSL2+ modem. Considering a CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T, which is labeled as Bonded ADSL2+. Not sure what Bonded is, just that I don't currently have it or need it. Is a bonded ADSL2+ modem compatible with a standard ADSL2+ DSL line? My current DSL modem is a ZyXEL C1000Z.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please ask a question one time, and in a single section of the forum. Use tags to expand the topic. Be patient. Thank you.

See here for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.992.5

From the link:

"Also ADSL2+ allows port bonding. This is where multiple ports are physically provisioned to the end user and the total bandwidth is equal to the sum of all provisioned ports. So if 2 lines capable of 24 Mbit/s were bonded the end result would be a connection capable of 48 Mbit/s download and twice the original upload speed. Not all DSLAM vendors have implemented this functionality. ADSL2+ port bonding is also known as G.998.x or G.Bond."

Solution