[SOLVED] Boost laptops ability to find wifi signals.

Apr 20, 2021
I am a little confussed about all the terminology with extenders,boosters etc etc.

I am looking for something i can plug into my laptop to boost its ability to find wifi signals when I am slightly out of range of them. Dont know if they have something like that. I work in construction and in certain areas of the building I am out of range of the existing buildings wifi. I do not have access to the building wifi so cant install repeaters/boosters anything like that and im sure if they detected that on their network I would get in trouble. I would perfer to use my current wiresless adapter and just be able to boost its ability of finding wifi signals instead of getting a new wifi adapter for my laptop if possible. also they keep my laptop prettty locked down on setting and stuff I can change so going into setting and changing stuff isnt really an option. (meaning like registry and other type of menus that a company would normally restrict you from being able to edit)

Thank You

I am a little confussed about all the terminology with extenders,boosters etc etc.

I am looking for something i can plug into my laptop to boost its ability to find wifi signals when I am slightly out of range of them. Dont know if they have something like that. I work in construction and in certain areas of the building I am out of range of the existing buildings wifi. I do not have access to the building wifi so cant install repeaters/boosters anything like that and im sure if they detected that on their network I would get in trouble. I would perfer to use my current wiresless adapter and just be able to boost its ability of finding wifi signals instead of getting a new wifi adapter for my laptop if possible. also they keep my laptop prettty locked down on setting and stuff I can change so going into setting and changing stuff isnt really an option. (meaning like registry and other type of menus that a company would normally restrict you from being able to edit)

Thank You
You could try a USB extender.
I have a PC in my living room that was having trouble getting wifi so I got about a 10 foot USB extender and put the wifi dongle up near the ceiling and that solves it.
I'm not sure if that would help you in your situation though.

Apr 20, 2021
You could try a USB extender.
I have a PC in my living room that was having trouble getting wifi so I got about a 10 foot USB extender and put the wifi dongle up near the ceiling and that solves it.
I'm not sure if that would help you in your situation though.

Wont really help for me as I am generally moving around often. Appreciate it tho

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
Your work would know you’re on there wifi, unless you are a secret agent for the squirrel army. I mean, a wireless router, a extender, and and all the other wireless go go gadgets. Still need a IP, which is assigned by the device that provides the wireless network, some routers know exactly what the device is... so if you can connect to it via wifi... and you haven’t gotten in trouble already... then I don’t know what to tell ya