Boosting My Performance

ToastyTHT

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
System Analysis
I am an aspiring PC gamer, however, I have a terrible rig, and am collecting money to get a better one. At the moment, this is all I have, and I am looking for ways to make it run faster.

Literally any suggestions will help.
I run:
Razer Gamebooster
Process Lasso

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If you're saving money, I would continue to save rather than putting any more money into your current one. Unless I'm mistaken, that motherboard won't let you get past the Conroe Core2Duos, which would still leave your rig very underpowered.

Given that you have a 2005 processor, your likely OEM power supply is going on a decade old, so you'd probably need to upgrade there for current-gen graphics cards. You could probably get away with sticking in an old HD5670, but you'll still be struggling and you will have used some of the money saving up for a new rig. I think at this point, your focus should be on a new build that retires your current one.

ToastyTHT

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I have put $0 into this computer, and was looking more so for system tweaks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Uggh, my fault - sometimes I forget which forum the post is in.

Usually the standard stuff like keeping your hard drive well maintained and cutting out as many background processes as you can get away with. Stuff like ReadyBoost won't help you as you do have sufficient RAM.

ToastyTHT

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

2SRQc.png

2SRRQ.png

2SRXC.png