boot disk failure

lee

I power up my PC w/win2k and got 'boot dksk
failure". I tried the steps in support.msn.com
about boot disk. I copy ntldr, ntdetect.com,
and boot.ini into the C drive via repair console. That
failed to work when i power up the PC. I got the same
error message. I'm about to give up.

The hard disk is accessible and you need 'fixboot' and probably 'fixmbr'
from Recovery Console. Check viruses.

dl

Your hd manu.site may have a utility, run from floppy, to test yr hd