Boot failure 3x before asking to change BIOS settings -> change nothing -> boots up

Sep 24, 2018
Hi everyone, thanks for checking in.

I've installed a fresh Windows 10 x64 pro and everything works as it should. However there's a problem I've been encountering for a week now.

When I try to boot, the pc will fail 3 times. After the 3rd time, it'll set up a screen where I'm asked to restore my bios settings to optimized settings because something might be off, or if I want to enter BIOS and do it myself.

When I enter BIOS and I change nothing, save & exit, it boots up!

How is this possible?

Every time I boot the pc up I'll encounter the same issue. 3x fail, go to bios, change nothing, boot up, everything runs fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It's becoming really frustrating..
I can't recall doing any changes to anything. This issue just popped out of nowhere.

Solution
Well in some cases when battery goes below level it can do some things, like one guy on techpowerup, he had issue with boot time, after day or two he swapped battery and everything went to normal.

I never had issue with installing windows and getting your issue.
Try without battery.
Sep 24, 2018
The bios on this motherboard has been running fine for 6 years. I updated it around 2 years ago.
I don't think the bios chip is faulty.

Why would changing the battery help? Shouldn't I be getting cmos read error or something?

Well in some cases when battery goes below level it can do some things, like one guy on techpowerup, he had issue with boot time, after day or two he swapped battery and everything went to normal.

I never had issue with installing windows and getting your issue.
Try without battery.

Solution