Boot.ini for dual boot system

If someone has one physical drive with Windows 98 on C:\windows and
Windows XP on D:\windows, what should their boot.ini file have in it
so that they can chose which one to boot with? Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022

The Purpose of the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314081

Safe-Mode Boot Switches for Windows Boot.ini File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239780

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1ujpc1le35up4p1gqpqv84i66effmnu95m@4ax.com,
Daniel Prince <neutrino1@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> If someone has one physical drive with Windows 98 on C:\windows and
> Windows XP on D:\windows, what should their boot.ini file have in it
> so that they can chose which one to boot with? Thank you in advance
> for all replies.
> --
> My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
> up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

> World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total
> Privacy via Encryption =---

Something like this:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition"
(I've changed the names of the OS)

--
www.fermu.com
¡Regístrate y participa!