[SOLVED] Boot issues after case swap

jseekins54

Prominent
Sep 26, 2018
Hi there,

I've been building a PC and ended with a case (should have started here). All of the parts ran in the old case, new case however doesnt have an opening for a disk drive so I didn't install that.

Now when booting the PC give a BSOD and states i need to reboot and change the BIOS.

I tried resetting them, reorganizing them, cannot get past BIOS.

It ran beautifully, what may I have forgotten? Clearly this is operator error.

Info just because
Ryzen 2700x
Geforce 2080ti
650w gold psu
Tomahawk b350 mother board
Corsair 32gb ddr4 3200 ram

Solution
Hi there,

I've been building a PC and ended with a case (should have started here). All of the parts ran in the old case, new case however doesnt have an opening for a disk drive so I didn't install that.

Now when booting the PC give a BSOD and states i need to reboot and change the BIOS.

Info just because
Ryzen 2700x
Geforce 2080ti
650w gold psu
Try a CMOS Reset... I'd suggest doing it with a battery pull.

What version BIOS are you running?

I assume you mean it has no room for a DVD/CD-ROM disk drive? Just on a whim and...
Hi there,

Info just because
Ryzen 2700x
Geforce 2080ti
650w gold psu
Try a CMOS Reset... I'd suggest doing it with a battery pull.

What version BIOS are you running?

I assume you mean it has no room for a DVD/CD-ROM disk drive? Just on a whim and craziness, you might go ahead and hook up the missing drive as you had it before. Just leave it laying on the table, the idea is to see if that affects anything. It really shouldn't, unless it's an HDD that the system expects to use files on.

Solution