Boot issues H100i

baiterman

Commendable
Feb 16, 2018
Hi I am having some issues. I have put my new corsair H100i V2 in my system. However, it won't boot. I have plugged the top fan into the cpu header since the two fan leads coming off pump won't produce power for them for some reason the second pump is plugged into another fan header on the board and the 3 pin is plugged into the 3 pin below my cpu fan header. The usb is plugged in fine.

Specs
Asus crosshair V formula-z
FX6300
Corsair 100i v2
24gb ddr3
GTX 770 classified
750 watt psu

Lutfij

Titan
1| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your board(while on air cooling).
2| You didn't mention the make and model of your PSU. How old is it?
3| Are you sure the backplate isn't too tight on the CPU? Try loosening the mounting screws a little and see if that helps.

Likewise see if the backplate is making contact with the case/chassis's metal motherboard panel. This will cause a short to prevent the system from powering up.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Pump header should go to CPU_1 Header. Fans should go to ancillary fan headers. Either way, seems odd that the cooler would prevent booting unless something else was unplugged during the process. (Did this occur?) Do you get any error codes or beeps?