[SOLVED] Boot order changed, causing error

Dec 21, 2020
So I turned my pc on and logged in, seemed to be loading up fine then I went for a shower and came back half an hour later to see "reboot and select proper boot device" after some severe panicking I did a quick google and found a solution to the problem (which was to go into bios and set the boot order back to default) it seems to be working for now but what concerns me is why this happened in the first place. My pc is quite old now, about 6 years with a 4 year old GPU, it could be the battery needs changing but the date and time settings remain correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Update: I checked if anything had updated today and there was a Microsoft defender update, don't see how that could have caused it though

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020
Sounds like you just need to replace the motherboard battery. You should also check the health status of your storage device(s).

What is the make/model of your SSD(s)/HDD(s)?
I don't entirely know unfortunately, I've had it a while and the manuals are lost to the ages. I do know that it's a 1TB HDD though