Question Boot order

Jul 28, 2019
Hey guys, So today I made a clean install of Windows 10 and ran in to some issues. When the first part of the installation was complete and it has to reboot, it boots up and start the installation process over again. I was told this could be fixed by setting the boot order correct: USB -> CD-ROM -> Hard Disk

Now I went into BIOS and of course the boot order is bananas and I want to try to get it right but I just don't know this stuff too well to set it straight so I was hoping someone here could help!

I know my hard drive is UPT and should boot through UEFI (if I get that right?) but the only option I find is "UEFI Hard Disk:Windows Boot Manager" which I read somewhere I should NOT boot through.

Also, the "Hard Disk:ST2000..." would be my HDD which I don't have Windows installed on. I use a SSD for Windows which I guess is the other option?

Thanks in advance, all available boot options can be seen in picture!

View: https://m.imgur.com/a/12bM91d

Last edited:
When you install Windows from a USB flash drive, you must remove the flash drive before the system reboots.
Installation will then proceed using the files that have already been copied from the flash drive to the HDD.

If you don't remove the flash drive before the first reboot, the system will boot from it again which will start the installation process from the beginning again.

Jul 28, 2019
Hey guys, So today I made a clean install of Windows 10 and ran in to some issues. When the first part of the installation was complete and it has to reboot, it boots up and start the installation process over again. I was told this could be fixed by setting the boot order correct: USB -> CD-ROM -> Hard Disk

Now I went into BIOS and of course the boot order is bananas and I want to try to get it right but I just don't know this stuff too well to set it straight so I was hoping someone here could help!

I know my hard drive is UPT and should boot through UEFI (if I get that right?) but the only option I find is "UEFI Hard Disk:Windows Boot Manager" which I read somewhere I should NOT boot through.

Thanks in advance, all available boot options can be seen in picture!

View: https://m.imgur.com/a/12bM91d
When you install Windows from a USB flash drive, you must remove the flash drive before the system reboots.
Installation will then proceed using the files that have already been copied from the flash drive to the HDD.

If you don't remove the flash drive before the first reboot, the system will boot from it again which will start the installation process from the beginning again.
Hi Philip,
Thanks! And that's kinda how I solved it. However, the first 3 times I started it up after that it tried to repair itself during startup (succeeding of course) and then it disappeared. Though, now the startup kinda feels weird, even though it's really quick. Thought it was because of my "half-failed" installation of Windows but maybe not?

Hi Philip,
Thanks! And that's kinda how I solved it. However, the first 3 times I started it up after that it tried to repair itself during startup (succeeding of course) and then it disappeared. Though, now the startup kinda feels weird, even though it's really quick. Thought it was because of my "half-failed" installation of Windows but maybe not?
Check your Disk Management and see if there are unusual partitions.