[SOLVED] Boot Priority Order is Not Showing Hard Drive ?

KokoAkos

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
I had Blue screen of death yesterday on Windows 10 with "Critical Process died" message. (I learned from PDF and I try to search in the document, after I pressed Enter, BSoD appeared) After that I rebooted my ASUS laptop (FX503VD), but 5 minutes later I had BSoD again with same message. (Again in the document when I searched) I tried reboot my laptop again, but it only boot the UEFI. And again, and again... I tried "sfc /scannow", but not worked, and I couldn't use any repair settings in troubleshoot, cause i get always error message. After that, I checked UEFI and I saw nothing in storage menu and in the boot priority I only saw the Windows Boot Manager.

https://ibb.co/jGqwr3R

I checked HDD cable, but it was okay and I saw that my HDD was working. (cause of noise and it was warm ofc) After that I tried some solution (fast boot disable...etc.) But notthing worked. I tried my old laptop's HDD in my new laptop. It showed up in the storage menu, but I didn't see in the Boot Priority as well. (I can't try my new HDD in the old laptop cause i can't put it in. Other design)

What can I do to show up the HDD in the storage menu and in the boot priority? Or if I need to reinstall my Windows somehow, how can I save my data from the HDD?
It is really important.

Solution
if windows boot manager is shown, the HDD is already chosen to boot. No need to reorder the boot priority.

Try booting with Ubuntu live on an USB pen drive and recovering your data

After I changed another settings in UEFI, which I get from my friends (it didn't help), I changed back to the Optimized Default. The laptop restarted and the Windows boot properly (but a bit slowly).

Do you think I should reinstall my Windows? Or not beacause it will not happen again.

KokoAkos

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
if windows boot manager is shown, the HDD is already chosen to boot. No need to reorder the boot priority.

Try booting with Ubuntu live on an USB pen drive and recovering your data

After I changed another settings in UEFI, which I get from my friends (it didn't help), I changed back to the Optimized Default. The laptop restarted and the Windows boot properly (but a bit slowly).

Do you think I should reinstall my Windows? Or not beacause it will not happen again.

Solution
Reactions: KokoAkos