Question Boot Problem

Apr 17, 2019
Hello, please i need help. I have got a asus p5k machine. Just recently i have been trying to setup a new windows but system cant boot on either disk intallation or usb pendrive.
Even though the system stills idetify the dvd ROM and also identifies the usb. It still wont boot on them.

Tried the disk and the pendrive on other systems but they worked. Please help me with this problem.

In the BIOS is it set to work only with UEFI? Is the install media newer or older...does the install media have any documentation on whether it is for use with UEFI? Whatever the case is, then make sure the boot media format is supported in BIOS settings. I have an older Windows 7 64-bit disk which won't work with UEFI, and thus it can't boot unless old style BIOS is enabled. Conversely, there are Ubuntu installation media which only seem to work with old style BIOS, but really need UEFI enabled. Newer install media tends to favor the newer UEFI; only rather old media requires BIOS compatibility mode.

Apr 17, 2019
I tried a windows xp disk which worked but whebever i try to install windows 7 or 10 64 bit it wont run