Question boot problems

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
I'm having a problem getting my computer to reboot. I have recently installed 2 new external HDs and when it boots it just goes to the Dell Screen. I don't see any spinning dots. The computer just freezes. When I disconnect both drives and boot the computer it works just fine. How do I fix this? I think have tried going into the BIOS and setting the C drive as the boot drive, but idk if the external hard drives were connected at that time or not. Is there a way to enter the BIOS from Windows 10 or do you just have to press one of the F keys?

If connecting two new drives would make your system not able to find boot device (which is possible) it would display such message and boot to BIOS. If it hangs during boot most likely cause is one of the newly connected drives (or the cables used to connect them) is bad.

I'm having a problem getting my computer to reboot. I have recently installed 2 new external HDs and when it boots it just goes to the Dell Screen. I don't see any spinning dots. The computer just freezes. When I disconnect both drives and boot the computer it works just fine. How do I fix this? I think have tried going into the BIOS and setting the C drive as the boot drive, but idk if the external hard drives were connected at that time or not. Is there a way to enter the BIOS from Windows 10 or do you just have to press one of the F keys?
Connect one hdd at a time....test.