[SOLVED] Boot slightly slowed down after taking pc apart and reassembling

HelpMePlease!!!

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
After i took my pc apart to clean it, when i booted it again, it said my pc didnt start properly and that i could either restart, or go to advanced options. I restarted, it worked, but now the boot time is slightly slower. Any idea of how this could have happened / how to get it to its previous faster boot? Didnt change any settings ofc. I have 1TB M.2 nvme PCIe storage.
Thanks

Solution
One (but not the only) possibility: If you have more than one RAM stick installed, perhaps one of them might not be seated correctly when you put the PC together again. I've seen it happen. Check the amount of RAM you have or run memtest86. Anyway, pull out and reseat the RAM(s) and see if it makes any difference.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
One (but not the only) possibility: If you have more than one RAM stick installed, perhaps one of them might not be seated correctly when you put the PC together again. I've seen it happen. Check the amount of RAM you have or run memtest86. Anyway, pull out and reseat the RAM(s) and see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Solution

HelpMePlease!!!

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
I checked the ram sticks and all is good. When i mean by slower boot, i mean literally by like a second. When the logo comes on and the spinning circle loading dots come on, now they are spinning for an aditional about 180°. Technically its returned to its original speed because its like how it was when i got the pc (load times). At some point, it just improved by about 1 second (i figured it was driver update that did this) and since then its consistantly had this slightly faster boot. Now however after taking the ssd out and putting it back it, its returned to the original slightly slower boot. Ik its a very niece thing and it doesnt make much of a difference, but what reason is there for it slowing down even slightly just from taking it apart and putting it back together?
Thanks

After i took my pc apart to clean it, when i booted it again, it said my pc didnt start properly and that i could either restart, or go to advanced options. I restarted, it worked, but now the boot time is slightly slower. Any idea of how this could have happened / how to get it to its previous faster boot? Didnt change any settings ofc. I have 1TB M.2 nvme PCIe storage.
Thanks
Wag.....since you were inside the machine go back inside and reseat stuff.