Boot then crash on startup

Jun 5, 2018
Windows 7 computer, whenever starting up, crashes at the same part of the windows logo every time, freezes, crashes to a black screen with no cursor, then returns me to a 'windows error recovery' screen, with the options of starting windows normally or launching startup repair. If I start normally, it puts me in the same loop. Startup repair says there is a problem that can't be identified, system restore doesn't fix it, memory diagnostic says everything is fine, scanned the computer using the command prompt and that said there were no issues with windows files. I can access the bios, but trying to start the computer in safe mode puts me in the exact same loop. I 'm not sure what the problem is, any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Hello! Sry for late reply.

thanks for ya answer.

Mmh, my self i would use a second off harddrive with a adapter and try to install windows on that and see how it goes.

If you can connect it to a second pc, backup the C:/Users/%username% folder and just reinstall windows,

Let me know!

Dion__

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Hello,

I've had this problem with one of my customers.

I accidently plugged out the HDD light cable and the laptop crashed.

So.. for me there was something wrong in the boot partitation, at that time the way that cost me the lowest amount of time/money was just a clean install, connect hdd/ssd to a dock or another pc en transfer files and reinistall.

But you might wanna troubleshoot first:

1. Trying to get into safe mode (If you can use chkdsk /f C: in cmd) tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals on boot.
2. Try a other hdd with windows to tell if the problem is about the laptop it self or the HDD.
3. If you can get into bios reset it or tweak some settings.
4. If you can connect the HDD to a other pc somehow, use crystal disk info to check the hdd health.

Trying to use the windows recovery.. yhea thats not going to work if something is corrupted.

So i would try that, if you need any help msg here =)

Jun 5, 2018

Thanks for responding! In this case, it's a desktop that's facing these issues. I used crystaldisk and the hard drive seemed to be reading and writing just fine. I would be totally okay with reverting the hard drive back to only having the base windows settings, but I'm not exactly sure how to go at that. I put the drive into my computer running windows 10, but I don't know how I'll be able to tell if the drive back at default windows would be functioning. Per your other recommendations, I couldn't boot in safe mode, and any sort of tweaks that I tried to make in the bios didn't make any changes. Not too sure where to go from here. Again, thank you.

Dion__

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Hello! Sry for late reply.

thanks for ya answer.

Mmh, my self i would use a second off harddrive with a adapter and try to install windows on that and see how it goes.

If you can connect it to a second pc, backup the C:/Users/%username% folder and just reinstall windows,

Let me know!

Solution