Question Boot Time 20 seconds and no bios prompt?

May 6, 2024
Hey everyone I’ve had an issue these past 2 weeks. Here are my specs
Ryzen 7 7700x
AMD Phantom gaming 6800xt
32gb of Corsair Vengeance Ram 6000mt
Asus Mobo b650-e f
Corsair 750x Psu
Aigoo 240mm AIO
My pc has been working fine with no issues. However the boot time takes so long, and I don’t even get a prompt to enter my bios. My pc takes around 20 seconds to boot which is insane to me cause my previous intel build boot so quick. Could this be a possible hardware issue? Or in my own thoughts I’m thinking a fresh install of windows 11. Idk what do you guys think?

Check your memory. Ryzen systems very often don't like Vengeance DIMMs. I'd bet your lag is due to training and I'd want to check very closely to see if it even IS running at the correct speed and timings. Often in these cases with long training it end up defaulting to the JEDEC spec so it can boot but you'd never know the difference as far as notifications or whatever.

Use HWinfo or CPU-Z to see what the memory is ACTUALLY running at once you get into Windows. Check your BIOS settings as well to make sure you have the memory profile set as advertised, meaning XMP or EXPO, and even if it is "set" it might not be working properly at those settings so it's defaulting to something else.

This is really the most common cause of extremely slow abnormal POST times aside from conflicts due to having more than one drive with an OS installed on it or even more than one drive that EVER had one installed on it if the hidden boot/EFI partition was never removed from it.