[SOLVED] boot time is very slow, it takes 25-30 mins for a complete bootup

May 22, 2020
Hey guys,
The laptop is a 2014 model DELL Inspiron 3000 series. It used to boot up in around 5-7 Seconds and Shut down in 1 Second. But now it takes around 30mins for bootup till all the icons are visible on the desktop. I've installed windows 8.1 and Windows 10 through a fresh install.
The HDD, RAM, Processor, and Graphics Driver work fine without any issues. I have disabled fast boot but still, the system boot time never changes in fact it took even longer. And on every bootup the system stored a minimum of 2GB temporary files. the system works fine with normal applications such as MS office, TALLY and web surfing, but gets unresponsive when Softwares like FL STUDIO, PREMIER PRO, and ADOBE PHOTOSHOP run. What is surprising is that these same applications used to run effectively 2 years before in this laptop with the same specifications. Can you guys please suggest me a way to solve this bootup issue.
I've also disabled all the startup applications and certain unneeded services.

The Specs are given below,
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A00, 24-02-2014
BIOS Mode Legacy
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
System Type x64-based PC
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
GEFORCE 820M
Total Available Graphics Memory 4047MB
Dedicated Video Memory 2048 MB DDR3
DirectX Runtime version 12.0

Solution
You can upgrade that 4gb to 1x8gb. Check the exact model with cpu-z download it and open SPD tab, what is under "part number or model" thats the exact ram stick what is installed atm. If you cant see anything in any slot open cpu-z as administrative
Hey guys,
The laptop is a 2014 model DELL Inspiron 3000 series. It used to boot up in around 5-7 Seconds and Shut down in 1 Second. But now it takes around 30mins for bootup till all the icons are visible on the desktop. I've installed windows 8.1 and Windows 10 through a fresh install.
The HDD, RAM, Processor, and Graphics Driver work fine without any issues. I have disabled fast boot but still, the system boot time never changes in fact it took even longer. And on every bootup the system stored a minimum of 2GB temporary files. the system works fine with normal applications such as MS office, TALLY and web surfing, but gets unresponsive when Softwares like FL STUDIO, PREMIER PRO, and ADOBE PHOTOSHOP run. What is surprising is that these same applications used to run effectively 2 years before in this laptop with the same specifications. Can you guys please suggest me a way to solve this bootup issue.
I've also disabled all the startup applications and certain unneeded services.

The Specs are given below,
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A00, 24-02-2014
BIOS Mode Legacy
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
System Type x64-based PC
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
GEFORCE 820M
Total Available Graphics Memory 4047MB
Dedicated Video Memory 2048 MB DDR3
DirectX Runtime version 12.0

Welcome to Toms Hardware @reubens308 !

It is probably a drive issue, how fast is your drive and what is its full model? Even if your drive is functioning it could be downgrading and dying, so worth checking that out first

May 22, 2020
Welcome to Toms Hardware @reubens308 !

It is probably a drive issue, how fast is your drive and what is its full model? Even if your drive is functioning it could be downgrading and dying, so worth checking that out first
I had recently changed the HDD, its a 1TB TOSHIBA HDWL110
I've done checks for HDD health, bad sectors, and even RAM health checks, but it turns out that all is fine.
HDD spins at 5400 RPM.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
25-30 minute. It is probably your disk drive.

But 4 GB is too small for a Windows 10 system, with these applications. Test it with another drive if you have one in hand, and increase RAM at least to 8 GB.

By the way it can be something else, a 6 years old laptop is old.

May 22, 2020
25-30 minute. It is probably your disk drive.

But 4 GB is too small for a Windows 10 system, with these applications. Test it with another drive if you have one in hand, and increase RAM at least to 8 GB.

By the way it can be something else, a 6 years old laptop is old.
yes I know 4gb is too small for windows 10, so will downgrading it to windows 8.1 solve the issue for the time being?? bcoz I had upgraded to windows 10 due to the lag experienced in windows 8.1.
and as I said, back in 2017 it used to run these same applications in windows 8.1, such as premier pro without any glitch, rendering used to take some time but while working on a project it used to be smooth enough!
I've even used blender to render models which also worked fine, the issue started in the early 2018's.
I've done a thorough check of the hardware and it seems to show no issue.

You can upgrade that 4gb to 1x8gb. Check the exact model with cpu-z download it and open SPD tab, what is under "part number or model" thats the exact ram stick what is installed atm. If you cant see anything in any slot open cpu-z as administrative

Solution