JoeDirt970

Prominent
Jun 4, 2019
Ryzen 2700x
Nvidia 2070 super
Gigabyte x570 pro wifi
G.Skill Ripjaw (DDR4-3200, 2x16gb)
Western digital blue 1tb nvme

After restarting my PC my computer will get stuck on the splash screen with the spinning wheel. It's usually stuck here for over two hours then I will get the blue screen with error message Driver Power State Failure, or it will just boot up normally. This only happens if I restart instead of turning off then back on again. I've tried reinstalling Windows and cleaning my drive but it didn't work. My work-around has just been to shut down and never restart.

However, I've recently been having issues where my computer will be super laggy while using it and then when I turn it off everything turns off but the MB and GPU are still on. When I turn it back on after it finally turns all the way off I get the spinning wheel splash screen for hours then blue screen ("Your pc has ran into a problem...we'll restart for you...), then it boots up or restarts the cycle.

Because my PC was running choppy before boot and shut down issues I think it has something to do with my RAM. Anyone have any advice?

Solution
if you think it has something to do with your ram then just disable XMP and see if that fixes things. Maybe even try using a single a stick for a day to see if things improve.