Booting From SSD with different OS

Feb 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

Just downloaded and installed Windows 10 on my SSD (using an external hard drive). During this process I unplugged the SATA cable connected to my HDD (saw online that it was recommended) that has Windows 7 installed.

Now every time I try to start my computer, Windows 7 boots instead of Windows 10. I rearranged the boot sequence in Windows 7 to see if that would fix my problem, but it didn't.

(Also, in attempting to solve these issues I reformatted my external hard drive which I THOUGHT would just wipe the Windows 10 info but actually cleared everything... oh well)

I would love some guidance on how I can boot Windows 10 consistently from my SSD, delete Windows 7 from my HDD, and any other helpful information you might be able to provide (before I cry).

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2019
When I'm in bios, I see Boot List Option (set to Legacy), all of the potential boot options (all checked), and the ordered boot sequence.

When I rearrange the sequence so the SSD is at the top, press apply and exit it resets itself back to the harddrive priority.