Question Booting Issues with new CPU ?

Sep 10, 2021
Hello all, this is my first time posting on a forum, but I am outside my ability at this point. I recently swapped out some parts on my pc, upgrading the CPU, motherboard, PSU, and RAM. The system is now as follows:

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G motherboard
i9 -10900KF
32 GB Corsair LPX ram
GTX 970
Boot Drive: Samsung 860 EVO
Storage Drive is a Seagate Barracuda
PSU is a Corsair RM750 Watt

Initially, with the new swaps, I had some trouble getting the bios to actually boot from the correct drive. I fixed this, but a problem developed the next day where the system did not post and the CPU light came on. I went through the normal checklist of things and it booted. The next day, however, it failed to boot again with the CPU light on. Repeated this pattern throughout the next two weeks and the only reliable solution is unplugging and replugging the 24pin before every boot. At that point, I assumed it was a CPU or motherboard issue after trying the PSU with a different motherboard, so I returned the CPU and motherboard to be safe.

The new items just got in and after setting things up, it booted right away. Skeptical, I powered down the computer, waited an hour, and sure enough, the PC no longer POSTs and the CPU light is on. I can't tell what is happening but when I get the computer to boot it works with no problem whatsoever. If any more information is needed, I will be happy to give it, but I am so at a loss right now and I really need the computer for work and school. I appreciate any and all help with this.

Hello all, this is my first time posting on a forum, but I am outside my ability at this point. I recently swapped out some parts on my pc, upgrading the CPU, motherboard, PSU, and RAM. The system is now as follows:

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G motherboard
i9 -10900KF
32 GB Corsair LPX ram
GTX 970
Boot Drive: Samsung 860 EVO
Storage Drive is a Seagate Barracuda
PSU is a Corsair RM750 Watt

Initially, with the new swaps, I had some trouble getting the bios to actually boot from the correct drive. I fixed this, but a problem developed the next day where the system did not post and the CPU light came on. I went through the normal checklist of things and it booted. The next day, however, it failed to boot again with the CPU light on. Repeated this pattern throughout the next two weeks and the only reliable solution is unplugging and replugging the 24pin before every boot. At that point, I assumed it was a CPU or motherboard issue after trying the PSU with a different motherboard, so I returned the CPU and motherboard to be safe.

The new items just got in and after setting things up, it booted right away. Skeptical, I powered down the computer, waited an hour, and sure enough, the PC no longer POSTs and the CPU light is on. I can't tell what is happening but when I get the computer to boot it works with no problem whatsoever. If any more information is needed, I will be happy to give it, but I am so at a loss right now and I really need the computer for work and school. I appreciate any and all help with this.
Tried to update to the latest bios?