Question Bootloop

Oct 30, 2022
Greetings,

I recently upgraded from a 1080ti to a Zotac 3090ti. My other components are as follows;

i7 8700k cpu
Asus TUF z370 +
2x 8 GB 2100 MHz ddr 4 ram
Cooler Master hyper cpu fan
Corsair rm1000 psu

Everything initially booted up fine. It can run for hours without a problem however when I restart it cycles an endless boot loop. My mobo and graphic card light up and all fans start for about a second before everything shuts off. And repeat over and over again even if I manually take the PSU cord out. Then next day it will boot up again and work flawlessly for several hours.

I have tried everything from the fail to post sticky to no avail. I reseated every component and power cord. I have downloaded drivers for windows 10, Nvidia & my motherboard. When running tests my GPU or my cpu do not run hot. I have also reformatted.

I am awaiting an 8 pin Corsair connector so my graphic card can utilize 3 seperate connectors instead of 2 with one being split.

If anyone has had an issue like this one your help would be greatly appreciated this is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Even removing the power cords from the PSU aren't eliminating detection and ~75W of power going to the GPU via the PCI slot.

Your 8700K has iGPU. Can you remove the GPU and see if the problem replicates?

If you put your old GPU back in does it act the same?

The RM1000 could be upwards of an 8 year old PSU and might not be providing all the power you need.

Oct 30, 2022
Thanks for the replies. My psu is about 7 years old I think. The same issue occurs when I tried to boot up with both my old graphic card and no graphic card.