BootMGR is missing

ThattOneGuyy

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I just finished building my computer, and I'm having somewhat of a booting issue. First off, here is my build.

CoolerMaster Scout Advanced 2
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z 990FX
Hyper 212 Evo (Push/Pull- CoolerMaster Sickleflow)
ATI Radeon 5970 - Sapphire
8gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600mHz
850w EVGA Supernova B2
Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb
256gb Samsung 840 Pro

It may be hard for me to explain because I'm not tech savvy, but here it goes. After starting up my computer, it passed the BIOS screen and then went to the "BootMGR is missing" page. So I restarted it, went into the BIOS, and had to go into the Boot tab, to boot override, and select the bottom option, and it would boot right up.

http://s266.photobucket.com/user/awesome_guitar_rocker_dude/media/IMAG0328.jpg.html

Also, I seem to have two boot options of Windows 7 whenever I do that, and I don't know why and I don't know how to get rid of that.. Can anyone help?

Solution
It's probably set to boot from the hard disk which doesn't have OS installed on, and it gives bootmgr missing error.
Change the boot order, set the hard disk with windows installation to boot first. Look around the screen for anything that indicates how you can do this.
It will either be page up/page down or hitting the + or - keys, maybe even pressing enter after you select a hard disk. Either way, just change the boot order priority. That way you won't have to manually select it every time you start your pc.

to get rid of the second option of windows 7 you need to:
-open start
-type "msconfig.exe" press enter.
under the boot tab you should have two windows.

Now it's important to tell whether both windows work, if one of them doesn't...

Taffu

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014
It's probably set to boot from the hard disk which doesn't have OS installed on, and it gives bootmgr missing error.
Change the boot order, set the hard disk with windows installation to boot first. Look around the screen for anything that indicates how you can do this.
It will either be page up/page down or hitting the + or - keys, maybe even pressing enter after you select a hard disk. Either way, just change the boot order priority. That way you won't have to manually select it every time you start your pc.

to get rid of the second option of windows 7 you need to:
-open start
-type "msconfig.exe" press enter.
under the boot tab you should have two windows.

Now it's important to tell whether both windows work, if one of them doesn't work, you can delete it from the boot tab list.

Solution