Question Bose Car Audio Upgrade?

mozga628

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
i recently purchased a 2020 buick regal avenir that came with the bose sound system.
i am not able to replace the factory head unit because of HVAC controls.

Here is what's been done so far:
radio signal is still going through the bose processors/amps then to an Audison Bit Nove DSP
front and rear signals then go to an ARC X2 600.4 amplifer then to 2 pairs of Arc Black K2 components
the subwoofer signal goes to an ARC X2 1101.1 amp then to two kicker L7 12" subwoofers
the shop that did the work also did the tune for the DSP. i have no complaints on the shop, i realize the bose processesors are reeking havok on anything and everything being done. especially in the 1k hz range (worst possible place!)
Did you know bose processors independantly increase the volume of their subwoofer when you lower the volume and lower the subwoofer volume when you turn up the radio?!?! i certainly didn't!

my question is this, would it be better to bypass the bose ampliers/processors and send the low voltage signal from the radio to the DSP directly? i've gotten answers favoring each option, but never a consensus.
the shop i'm working with, has suggested that i may upgrade the Bit Nove DSP to the more expensive Virtuoso. Apparently the Virtuoso has 2 signal processors.. one for the signal coming in, and another for the signal going out. I'm told this will resolve the hole in my midrange.
preferably i would like to find a pre-amp compatible with the OEM Buick "Infotainment Center", but to the best of my knowledge no such item exists.

don't get me wrong, my radio is 100x better than bose stock and WAY louder when i want to rock.. but there is room for improvement..