Mar 31, 2024
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-E
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x 16 core 3.2ghz (I think it's 3.2)
GPU: Asus Tuf Nvidia RTX Geforce 4070 Ti 12 GB
RAM: 32GB 2400 DDR4
PSU: Thor 850W Platinum
400GB SSD (Is where my OS is installed)

Short Run Down as I am tired of this PC already with all the issues it has.
Load Game, Either Cyber Punk 2077 or COD MW3 Warzone
even lower end games like Peaks Of Yore cause this issue to happen:
Play a few minutes----- Both monitors Go Black, -No Signal- Monitors go to sleep wont Turn on-- Tried Win+Ctrl+Shift+B To reset GPU No avail- Friend Recc CMD-- winget upgrade-- Winget Not recognized as an internal or external command--- Uninstalled GPU From System Drivers removed, restarted- Reinstalled all but issue persists.

Everything on the PC seems to be updated- Issues Persist, Reinstalled Chipset- Issues persist- Uninstalled Reinstalled Drivers, Issue stopped? 15 minutes issue Resumes.
Logs? I sadly do not know what Im looking for with those, please help.

Im struggling so much here inside and out, Bought PC from a friend of a friend (Big Mistake) Guy wont refund (Very sad here on that) Guy Shipped PC Poorly, watercooling Resivour Unplugged, Covered in Styrofoam and bubble wrap, Took him 30 months to start building it and another month to mail it. Worked first day Then boom boots only to bios, That issue was fixed, ethernet not working but fixed that issue kind of, now its the GPU I suspect

Also 3.3v Meter for Power supply shows 2.6v Maybe thats the issue? but I feel it wouldnt shut off the GPU when The CPU Loada nd GPU Load are very low even when doing daunting tasks, just happens when gaming, GameMode Windows Turned off because that was said to be an issue fix - issue persists- -maybe screensaver says youtube- issue persists- I listed here everything I have tried so far but Im at my wits end.... I cant afford new parts because they guy who sold me the pc I paid him 1200 and he isnt refunding me so Im just trying my best to attempt to fix this. Ive fixed it 90% of the way doing basic things and the only issue left that I can find is this issue with the GPU/monitors. This issue doesnt happen when just browsing the web or watching movies or videos just with games.

Ralston18

Titan
Logs:

Look in Reliability History/Monitor for any and all error codes, warnings, and informational events being captured just before or at the time of any of the described problems.

There are other logs to look at - Reliability History/Monitor being the most end user friendly and the timeline format may reveal some patterns.

Power meter:

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does? If the 3.3 voltage is showing as only 2.6 that is a problem in itself. However, remember that PSUs provide 3 different voltages (3.3, 5, and 12) to various system components. If other voltages are out of tolerance then PSU is a likely culprit.

To test a PSU:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not underload. However, again, any voltages out of tolerance indicate a problem.,

Is is possible to swap in another known working PSU for testing purposes? (Remember to use only the cables that come with any given PSU - do not use cables from other PSUs.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-E
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x 16 core 3.2ghz (I think it's 3.2)
GPU: Asus Tuf Nvidia RTX Geforce 4070 Ti 12 GB
RAM: 32GB 2400 DDR4
PSU: Thor 850W Platinum
400GB SSD (Is where my OS is installed)

Short Run Down as I am tired of this PC already with all the issues it has.
Load Game, Either Cyber Punk 2077 or COD MW3 Warzone
even lower end games like Peaks Of Yore cause this issue to happen:
Play a few minutes----- Both monitors Go Black, -No Signal- Monitors go to sleep wont Turn on-- Tried Win+Ctrl+Shift+B To reset GPU No avail- Friend Recc CMD-- winget upgrade-- Winget Not recognized as an internal or external command--- Uninstalled GPU From System Drivers removed, restarted- Reinstalled all but issue persists.

Everything on the PC seems to be updated- Issues Persist, Reinstalled Chipset- Issues persist- Uninstalled Reinstalled Drivers, Issue stopped? 15 minutes issue Resumes.
Logs? I sadly do not know what Im looking for with those, please help.

Im struggling so much here inside and out, Bought PC from a friend of a friend (Big Mistake) Guy wont refund (Very sad here on that) Guy Shipped PC Poorly, watercooling Resivour Unplugged, Covered in Styrofoam and bubble wrap, Took him 30 months to start building it and another month to mail it. Worked first day Then boom boots only to bios, That issue was fixed, ethernet not working but fixed that issue kind of, now its the GPU I suspect

Also 3.3v Meter for Power supply shows 2.6v Maybe thats the issue? but I feel it wouldnt shut off the GPU when The CPU Loada nd GPU Load are very low even when doing daunting tasks, just happens when gaming, GameMode Windows Turned off because that was said to be an issue fix - issue persists- -maybe screensaver says youtube- issue persists- I listed here everything I have tried so far but Im at my wits end.... I cant afford new parts because they guy who sold me the pc I paid him 1200 and he isnt refunding me so Im just trying my best to attempt to fix this. Ive fixed it 90% of the way doing basic things and the only issue left that I can find is this issue with the GPU/monitors. This issue doesnt happen when just browsing the web or watching movies or videos just with games.
Blacking out screens could be a sign of an overheating GPU, even though it's new. It may require a repaste on the GPU die. I would get GPU-Z, run it with sensor logging enabled and then run a game to see where the temperatures go and fan speed when the game runs before the possible crashing of the system. A log file will be written even if the system crashes since it's logging data as it goes.

Download GPU-Z here.

Mar 31, 2024
Blacking out screens could be a sign of an overheating GPU, even though it's new. It may require a repaste on the GPU die. I would get GPU-Z, run it with sensor logging enabled and then run a game to see where the temperatures go and fan speed when the game runs before the possible crashing of the system. A log file will be written even if the system crashes since it's logging data as it goes.

Download GPU-Z here.
Temps do not go up when playing games, However it seems it may be the GPU Not getting enough power, when I took it to a repair shop finally Everything worked perfectly in the shop, however after bringing it back home the issue persisted again, I called the technician and he said it may have something to do with the electricity in my house not producing the proper amounts because I had seen that everything worked perfectly in the shop, any idea of anything that could help stabilize the electricity from the outlet to the PC?

TRENDING THREADS