[SOLVED] Bottleneck

marius thatt

Prominent
Dec 25, 2019
Hey I’m about to upgrade my CPU. I think I will buy a core i9 9900k but I’m scared that my rtx 2060 oc is gonna have a bottleneck

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
\
Hey i’m about to upgrade my cpu I think I will buy a core i9 9900k but I’m scared that my rtx 2060 oc is gonna have a bottelneck
Sometimes it's better to get a higher end CPU than what you need or is balanced with the GPU if you plan to keep the system for 4+ years before an upgrade. Future GPU upgrades are relatively simple, but upgrading the entire platform is going to be far more work. That being said though, you might be better off waiting for Ryzen 4000 8-12 core to release in around 4 months before you make a decision since it will likely be as fast and cheaper overall than a 9900K.
It’s an odd combination, highest end cpu with a mid range gpu. I cannot think of a gaming situation where you would not be better off with a 9700k and higher gpu, far more balanced.

However there is no negative from buying a 9900k apart from possible wasted money, it’s highly unlikely a 2060 can utilise the extra performance of the 9900k over a 9700k. What’s your monitor resolution and Hz?

marius thatt

Prominent
Dec 25, 2019
It’s an odd combination, highest end cpu with a mid range gpu. I cannot think of a gaming situation where you would not be better off with a 9700k and higher gpu, far more balanced.

However there is no negative from buying a 9900k apart from possible wasted money, it’s highly unlikely a 2060 can utilise the extra performance of the 9900k over a 9700k. What’s your monitor resolution and Hz?

Hey my resolution is 1920x1080 and 144 hz

\
Hey i’m about to upgrade my cpu I think I will buy a core i9 9900k but I’m scared that my rtx 2060 oc is gonna have a bottelneck
Sometimes it's better to get a higher end CPU than what you need or is balanced with the GPU if you plan to keep the system for 4+ years before an upgrade. Future GPU upgrades are relatively simple, but upgrading the entire platform is going to be far more work. That being said though, you might be better off waiting for Ryzen 4000 8-12 core to release in around 4 months before you make a decision since it will likely be as fast and cheaper overall than a 9900K.

Solution

marius thatt

Prominent
Dec 25, 2019
\

Yeah i also have in mind ryzen 9 3900x and ryzen 9 3950x but i thought that it will bottleneck