Bought a computer for iBuypower, looking for opinions

Wesmantooth

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
I've been wanting a gaming computer for a while now and i had the money to get one finally. I was originally asking a friend to build me one, but he was gonna charge me money for the service and i didn't have that money at the time. So I found this website which had a really good deal going a computer for about 1900 going for 1300 and then i changed some parts around to make it better. If anything should be changed let me know. Also I don't have the time right now to build it my self I am going to school and work all the time so the little time i do have Ive been doing homework but I do put a few hours into gaming but I wanted a built computer for it. Also I don't need a monitor i have a Asus monitor that supports 1080p and i have a mouse and keyboard.

So heres the one i built!

Intel i7 Paladin Special $1,592.00 1 $1,592.00
Case 1 x Gigabyte Sumo Omega Gaming Case - Black

Case Lighting 1 x Cold Cathode Neon Light - Blue

iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction 1 x Basic - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction

System - Reduce System Noise

iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion X

Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel®
Core™ i7-4770K

iBUYPOWER PowerDrive 1 x PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking

Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [Intel] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory 1 x 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X

Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - 2GB -EVGA Superclocked - Single Card

Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - GG Cruiser PC200-I Headset w/ large 57mm drivers for clear audio - FREE with any System ($29 Value)
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - McAfee Antivirus PLUS 2014 - FREE with any System ($49 Value)
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - GRID2 - FREE with Intel 4th Gen Processor
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Coupon] - Assassin Creed IV Black Flag - w/ purchase of GTX 660 Video Card or above

Motherboard 1 x ASUS Z87-K -- 1x PCIE 3.0 x16, 6x SATA-III 6Gb/s, 2x USB 3.0
Intel Smart Response Technology X

Power Supply 1 x 700 Watt - Standard - Free Upgrade to 700W OCZ ModXStream Pro - 80 PLUS

Primary Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive X

Optical Drive 1 x [12x Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black

2nd Optical Drive X

Flash Media Reader / Writer X

Meter Display X

Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

USB Expansion Card X

Operating System 1 x Windows 8.1 + Office 365 Trial [Free 30-Day !!!] 64-bit

Monitor X

2nd Monitor X

Monitor Cable 1 x 30 ft. DVI to HDMI Cable (Resolution up to 1080P)

Speaker System X

Video Camera X

Advanced Build Options 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation!

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring

Advanced Build Options 1 x Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling)

Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling)

Case Engraving Service X

Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service

Rush Service 1 x No Rush Service (Ships in 10-15 Business Days)

Subtotal $1,592.00
Ground Shipping $0.00
Total Price $1,592.00

Solution
Thanks! I found it the website and saw they had these deals going and the gpu and processor were good, and it seemed like a good deal for it so then i decided to upgrade some of the parts

IRyannHD

Distinguished
This is a good build, although you would save more money if you custom built it rather than a company but it is still a good build and will last you a long time without becoming obsolete, have fun on your new PC!

Hope I helped :)

Wesmantooth

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
If I had more time, I would deffiently have given it a shot. But in the future I am deffiently going to build a computer to try out! And thanks! I do know alittle about computer I did a little research on the parts and try and picked the best rated ones for a good price with combos and deals on it.

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Actually with companies like iBuypower, it is very often slightly cheaper than building it yourself because they buy their parts in bulk and get them cheaper than we do. I didn't try to part out your system to see, but it is very often cheaper with iBuypower. The system looks good btw :) You'll have fun with it!! :-D

IRyannHD

Distinguished

Yeah it can do but that sometimes depends on promos and deals in some cases it's cheaper to custom build your self.

Wesmantooth

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Thanks! I found it the website and saw they had these deals going and the gpu and processor were good, and it seemed like a good deal for it so then i decided to upgrade some of the parts

Solution