[SOLVED] Bought a mobo with wireless in it, but have no clue how to set it up? Am I transmitting my wireless without a password?

Need Help 4 HDD

Honorable
Jul 31, 2015
I have a Tuff Gaming x507 mobo & connected the wireless dongle. Before I was usinga Dlink router, but it's been slow, so I thought why not try the one on the mobo.

So I connect everything & I get a pop up from windows if I want Wifi. I click yes & that's it.

Going to setting in wifi, there are basically no options whatsoever for setting up a password or setting up WPA2 security. The manual for the mobo has zero information on how to set it up & googling wireless setup just gives me pages upon pages of independent routers, not the internal windows wifi setup.

What do I do to set up a password, so no one can use my wifi?

Solution
Oh so it's not a internal router.

The page for the mobo said:

In fact, its integrated Wireless-AC 9260 Wi-Fi adapter pushes wireless data up to 2X faster .

I thought that meant it had a built in router inside it.
noooo.

It is no different than the RJ-45 LAN adapter, or a USB WiFi device.

It connects to some WiFI source, your router.

Need Help 4 HDD

Honorable
Jul 31, 2015
Password and security type comes from the WiFi source, presumably the router.

The only thing that came with the motherboard is this:

tuf_z390_wifi_01.png

How do I find the pass & security type?

MS has a link to set up wireless with Network and Sharing Center & then Set up a new connection or network.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-network-97914e31-3aa4-406d-cef6-f1629e2c3721

But after I did that, the wireless ID does not appear anywhere.

Need Help 4 HDD

Honorable
Jul 31, 2015
Oh so it's not a internal router.

The page for the mobo said:

In fact, its integrated Wireless-AC 9260 Wi-Fi adapter pushes wireless data up to 2X faster .

I thought that meant it had a built in router inside it.