Bought a new laptop and want to know how long should i charge it before turning it on

bukyyk

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
Hi , i bout an : HP 15-AE002NE laptop just today and want to know how long should i charge it before using or any other info about the battery would be really useful , here are the specs :

Intel Core i7-5500U processor 2.4 GHz
12 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM, 1 TB SATA HDD 5400 rpm
15-inch LED Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 4GB DDR3L dedicated memory
Uses WIndows 8.1 Operating System

Battery Cell : 3-cell

Solution
Read the manual. Sounds obvious, but the manual will definitely tell you how long the battery needs to be charged before first-use. Not all laptop batteries are the same; some need charging up for a full 12 hours and then fully discharged or they'll develop a "dirty charge", but most of the laptops I've seen these days have a type of battery (I forget what it's called) that doesn't have that problem, so you can use the laptop straight out of the box.
But do check the manual.

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Read the manual. Sounds obvious, but the manual will definitely tell you how long the battery needs to be charged before first-use. Not all laptop batteries are the same; some need charging up for a full 12 hours and then fully discharged or they'll develop a "dirty charge", but most of the laptops I've seen these days have a type of battery (I forget what it's called) that doesn't have that problem, so you can use the laptop straight out of the box.
But do check the manual.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS