[SOLVED] Bought a new MSI 1080 - How to check it is doing what it is supposed to be doing?

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello Community,

Just bought and installed a new MSI 1080 Gaming X to my rig as they were having good discount prices on the market.

I have used it for about a week now.
I had moments where fps isn't that great at all and even stutters when running low spec games like league of legends.
I felt like checking if the GPU is at any faulty state or something when it arrived or if it is bottlenecking because of my whole PC setup.
If I were to check, which one should I use and how do I tell my GPU is in good state?

If anyone could take a look at the spec and let me know! Much appreciated.

CPU - i7 3770
RAM - 2 x 8gb 1600
MB - Z77 Sabertooth
GPU - MSI 1080 Gaming X

Solution

Your GPU looks like it is running fine. You have a lot of background usage and your CPU scored pretty low. You background is 30%, so that means that 30% of your CPU is doing something while you are gaming. I would rather see this number below 10%.

What are your CPU temps when you are gaming?

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015

Hey, thanks for the tip.
I have 2 monitors. Both are connected to the GPU.
Primary monitor is fed using display port and 2nd monitor using DVI.
I have updated the newest driver thee days ago actually and does the same thing.
Yes, I have double checked the connection between the MB and the GPU PCIE slot.
I have GOLD rating PSU 750W and yes I have used it on other 2 GPU previous to this 1080.

Your GPU looks like it is running fine. You have a lot of background usage and your CPU scored pretty low. You background is 30%, so that means that 30% of your CPU is doing something while you are gaming. I would rather see this number below 10%.

What are your CPU temps when you are gaming?

Solution

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015

Hmm.. had no idea it was running that much CPU on the background.
Would there be any recommendations to reduce this?
I don't have much running when gaming. Just few start up programs like Nvidia, razer cortex and that's pretty much it.
I also ran a scan for malware and etc and nothing.

My max temp was 55 celcius playing the game.