[SOLVED] Bought a prebuild. RTX 3080 Cables not connected?

venser

Reputable
Nov 5, 2018
20220112-151756.jpg

Hi, I bought a prebuild PC a few days ago and I noticed 2 of the PCI-E cables on EVGA RTX 3080 are not connected to anything. Are they necessary? The PSU is Fractal Design Ion+ 760W Platinum.

Also another thing...the GPU is not recognized by any software such as Aura Sync so I can't color match the RGB with the rest.

And a third Question unrelated to the GPU...when I turn off the PC and flip the PSU switch off, there are still some lights blinking inside of the PC. How come? Where are they getting power from?

Solution
You only need one connection, on each cable, to be installed. You probably need to use EVGA's software for RGB. Those lights should shut off, after a few seconds, when flipping the PSU power switch. Some power just gets stored, in the capacitors. It takes a bit to drain all the power, from the system. Motherboards that lack such LED's, if you turn the PSU off, and then hit the power button, on the case, you would see your fans move a little bit.

kanewolf

Titan
20220112-151756.jpg

Hi, I bought a prebuild PC a few days ago and I noticed 2 of the PCI-E cables on EVGA RTX 3080 are not connected to anything. Are they necessary? The PSU is Fractal Design Ion+ 760W Platinum.

Also another thing...the GPU is not recognized by any software such as Aura Sync so I can't color match the RGB with the rest.

And a third Question unrelated to the GPU...when I turn off the PC and flip the PSU switch off, there are still some lights blinking inside of the PC. How come? Where are they getting power from?
If there were no power cables plugged into the graphics card you would get a warning.
What those look like are "dual" plugs on a cord from the power supply. One of the power supply ports is plugged into your card and the other is tucked out of the way. Notice that the cables say "PCIe" and are 6+2 cables. Those would be used to power a second graphics card or to power a single graphics card with a single cable. Your configuration looks right.

Reactions: venser

logainofhades

Titan
You only need one connection, on each cable, to be installed. You probably need to use EVGA's software for RGB. Those lights should shut off, after a few seconds, when flipping the PSU power switch. Some power just gets stored, in the capacitors. It takes a bit to drain all the power, from the system. Motherboards that lack such LED's, if you turn the PSU off, and then hit the power button, on the case, you would see your fans move a little bit.

Reactions: venser
Solution

TRENDING THREADS