Bought cheap desktop from craiglist as a hobby build

May 21, 2018
Like I said above, I just recently purchased a PC off of craigslist for $50 and was just going to tinker around with it to see what I could get out of it. The PC itself came with a ECS MCP73VT mobo (never heard of it and it's incredibly hard to find information about it), a Pentium E6500 processor @ 2.93 GHz, an ASUS cooler, a Radeon HD 4350, a 300w power supply and a 500 GB HDD.

So, for $50 this isn't a bad haul and at this point I am just seeing what I can push this thing to do. As I do most gaming on my console, I would like this machine to do light emulation and indie games and not necessarily AAA titles.

Anyway, was looking into buying a 1030 from someone else on CL for $70 and slotting it into the machine I have going right now. I know this would bottleneck the GPU, but is there any information regarding overclocking this particular CPU? Thanks in advance

Well these lga 775 is too old now.

So i want to tell you that sell it to any noob person at 60-65$
And get 2nd gen i5 ,motherboard and 4gb ram combo. It os still good for gaming. And later if you pair it with gtx 750 ti. It will way better than pentium. You are trying to buy.

Scott_130

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 29, 2016
LGA775 you may be able to get away with that if you add a Q6600 But even those are old. I'd really look into prebuilt Dell sandy bridge or Ivy bridge machines as they are the best budget you'll get right now.