Question Bought New AMD laptop but it stutters and slow to process.

PCnewbienoob

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
So i bought a new AMD laptop with Ryzen 3 2200U and independent Radeon 535 GPU with 2gb dedicated memory.

Thought that it was on a steal deal, and since i tried searching for the same laptop online, it seemed that it had good reviews.

However, i noticed that it has some kind of 1-2 second delay to any of my action (e.g. right-clicking on the desktop, opening windows explorer, adding tab in chrome). One thing I can't stand is that it stutters when playing a video or a game in full screen. It just hangs for a good 5-10 seconds with the background audio on and it happens frequently.

Really messed up my experience since I really wanna own AMD laptops, i still had my old Intel laptop and it pretty much runs better than the new one.

Anyone got any solutions for this? Really desperate for any help.

Full Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200U
GPU: Radeon 535 2gb
RAM: DDR4 4gb
HDD: Toshiba 1TB

Btw, I also noticed that the Radeon 535 is set as a Discrete GPU only, which sucks.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Is the OS up to date? Windows update is the only okay to get updates chipset driver's for the mobile ryzen chips. Have you disabled everything unnecessary set for 'startup'?

Your laptop may well be loaded with bloatware & might benefit from a clean install in the worst case