[SOLVED] Bought new pc - CPU heating

Jul 21, 2021
Hello,

I bought a brand new pc from cyberpower prebuilt. The gpu is rtx 3090 and CPU i9 11900KF.

I installed csgo and a new game called new world. I turned on msi and riva statistics to watch temps and usage.
I noticed the gpu had like 50-60% usage on everything maxed out and playing on 2k, and it had temps around 50-60.

While cpu is at 20% and the temp is at 70-75

I decided to try prime95 and let it run couple minutes, max temp reached was 80-82

I dont know what kind of model The cooler is, its their own cyberpower liquid cooler.

I dont think this is normal, especially on csgo hitting 70 C, or maybe im wrong?

Appreciate any help

Solution
The i9 11900KF requires a lot of power and does run hot. That CPU just reaching 82°C on Prime95 is not overheating.

The cooler will speed up and adjust speed depending on temperature. You could change the fan curve to have the system run cooler.

Which case do you have?
Do opening the side panels helps with cooling?

By the way, there are better CPUs than the i9 11900KF. Even the older i9 10900K has more cores, more threats, uses the same power and does outperforms the newer i9 11900K/F
The i9 11900KF requires a lot of power and does run hot. That CPU just reaching 82°C on Prime95 is not overheating.

The cooler will speed up and adjust speed depending on temperature. You could change the fan curve to have the system run cooler.

Which case do you have?

By the way, there are better CPUs than the i9 11900KF. Even the older i9 10900K has more cores, more threats, uses the same power and does outperforms the newer i9 11900K/F

Solution
Hello,

I bought a brand new pc from cyberpower prebuilt. The gpu is rtx 3090 and CPU i9 11900KF.

I installed csgo and a new game called new world. I turned on msi and riva statistics to watch temps and usage.
I noticed the gpu had like 50-60% usage on everything maxed out and playing on 2k, and it had temps around 50-60.

While cpu is at 20% and the temp is at 70-75

I decided to try prime95 and let it run couple minutes, max temp reached was 80-82

I dont know what kind of model The cooler is, its their own cyberpower liquid cooler.

I dont think this is normal, especially on csgo hitting 70 C, or maybe im wrong?

Appreciate any help
Everything sounds normal to me.

Jul 22, 2021
Hm! The CPU usage is somewhat totally normal, therefore the stock (cyberpower liquid) cooler may not be reaching the mark, OR.... there may be issues with your PC Case ventilation!

BUT!
You can try cleaning your PC vents or the best bet goes with considering your CPU cooler and replacing it.
Regards.

Jul 21, 2021
Hm! The CPU usage is somewhat totally normal, therefore the stock (cyberpower liquid) cooler may not be reaching the mark, OR.... there may be issues with your PC Case ventilation!

BUT!
You can try cleaning your PC vents or the best bet goes with considering your CPU cooler and replacing it.
Regards.

I have The h510 case, i just tried playing warzone and it reached 82 celsius while gpu at 60

Jul 21, 2021

Which case do you have?

I have The h510 case, and i tried playing warzone now and Im hitting 82 celsius. While gpu at 60

That sounds about right for the i9 11900KF on a H510 case.
Remove the front and side panels and you will see the temperature drops by 15-20°C .

When building with high-end hardware...the case is very important.
I usually go for performance first, aesthetics second.
I used the Noctua NH-D15 on the i9 10900K on several builds and they never reached 75 °C at full load.
Lancool II Mesh
Phanteks P500A
Fractal Meshify 2

Jul 21, 2021
That sounds about right for the i9 11900KF on a H510 case.
Remove the front and side panels and you will see the temperature drops by 15-20°C .

When building with high-end hardware...the case is very important.
I usually go for performance first, aesthetics second.
I used the Noctua NH-D15 on the i9 10900K on several builds and they never reached 75 °C at full load.
Lancool II Mesh
Phanteks P500A
Fractal Meshify 2

Yeah i actually did remove The panel like 2 hours ago and been playing for hours now gpu at 55 celsius and and cpu 60-70 now

Jul 22, 2021
That H510 case is fine for Intel i5 or a Ryzen 5...anything higher will suffer thermally because the side and front panels restrict air flow.
I also had a hunch about this since the side panels in this case are designed with the base partially covered, thus allowing smaller amount of air to pass through, which in turn is detrimental for heavy processor series like 5, 7, 9 and above (both Intel Core and AMD Ryzen).

Reactions: Howardohyea