Question Bought Two Different Ram Sticks Both Of Them Fail To Boot.

HaroldTheUnseen

Prominent
Sep 11, 2020
Hello,

I have a MSI A320M Gaming Pro (i know its a [Moderator edit to remove profanity] mobo)
and Ryzen 5 3600

I bought single stick of 16GB HyperX Fury 3200 MHz which failed to boot, i just returned it and bought a Corsair 1x16 3000 MHz(in official website of ram its says its compatible with my mobo)RAM. I tried this and it also fails to boot. My old Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 2666 MHz boots perfectly but I couldn't get any of these RAMs to boot with my mobo. I dont want to return this RAM cause it really says its compatible with my mobo in Corsair's website. Should I clear CMOS after removing my old RAM? Should I enable XMP before removing the old RAM? My current RAM has a voltage value of 1.2, the new ram uses 1.35V so i dont know what to do really. AFAIK the mobo should adjust the voltage value itself. Could you help please ? (Btw dont tell me to buy dual channel because my other ram slot is covered in dust and wont work probably.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"(Btw dont tell me to buy dual channel because my other ram slot is covered in dust and wont work probably.)"

If the case is that dirty then you must clean out dust and debris.

Power off, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Then double check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are and do fully and firmly seat into place.

Determine if that dusty RAM slot does or does not work.

As for the RAM modules: mixed modules can be problematic.

Go to MSI's website to check the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) for A320M supported RAM modules.

Also look for and download the A320M (check version) User Guide Manual.

I found this link:

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7C51v1.0.pdf

Do verify that the manual is applicable to your motherboard.

Memory installation is discussed on physically numbered Pages 3, 7, and 9.

Look for any updates regarding supported RAM modules and the physical installation requirements.

If the dusty slot does work then dual channel RAM should be used. Get a matched set (2 x 8GB)

I would be remiss if I did not say that.

HaroldTheUnseen

Prominent
Sep 11, 2020
This:

"(Btw dont tell me to buy dual channel because my other ram slot is covered in dust and wont work probably.)"

If the case is that dirty then you must clean out dust and debris.

Power off, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Then double check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are and do fully and firmly seat into place.

Determine if that dusty RAM slot does or does not work.

As for the RAM modules: mixed modules can be problematic.

Go to MSI's website to check the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) for A320M supported RAM modules.

Also look for and download the A320M (check version) User Guide Manual.

I found this link:

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7C51v1.0.pdf

Do verify that the manual is applicable to your motherboard.

Memory installation is discussed on physically numbered Pages 3, 7, and 9.

Look for any updates regarding supported RAM modules and the physical installation requirements.

If the dusty slot does work then dual channel RAM should be used. Get a matched set (2 x 8GB)

I would be remiss if I did not say that.
My non dusty slot works and i really dont have any problem with connectors etc. my old ram is working properly as stated. A320M's QVL list so old my mobo doesnt even say it supports Ryzen 5 3000 series. But i know it works with ryzen since my friend has the same ram module. And in Corsair's website ''memory compability list'' my mobo is supported.

''Should I clear CMOS after removing my old RAM? Should I enable XMP before removing the old RAM? My current RAM has a voltage value of 1.2, the new ram uses 1.35V so i dont know what to do really. ''
What do you think about these?

My non dusty slot works and i really dont have any problem with connectors etc. my old ram is working properly as stated. A320M's QVL list so old my mobo doesnt even say it supports Ryzen 5 3000 series. But i know it works with ryzen since my friend has the same ram module. And in Corsair's website ''memory compability list'' my mobo is supported.

''Should I clear CMOS after removing my old RAM? Should I enable XMP before removing the old RAM? My current RAM has a voltage value of 1.2, the new ram uses 1.35V so i dont know what to do really. ''
What do you think about these?
Get the latest chipset and bios....non-beta.
Test with the new ram.

TRENDING THREADS