Bouncing back to BIOS??

phil.r.greco

Prominent
Jul 3, 2018
Built my system roughly two weeks ago. Since then, at least 6 different times, I will come back into the room to see it sitting on the BIOS screen. I can move the mouse around and exit, but end up having to hard reboot and after that it boots fine. Nothing is overclocked, all connections are secure from what i can tell. I have already tried to remove the USB external drive and WIFI adapter in case that was causing it. I have updated all drivers from AMD and Asus. I have switched the memory from banks 1 & 3 to banks 2 & 4. Temperatures are normal and no heat issues. When playing games, i can run the system on Ultra and push it to its limits with no issues. This is totally random. There are also no errors or reports in event viewer. All Windows updates have been done. I even went as far as to disable Windows Defender and stop updates from running in the future thniking something there was causing it. I am at a loss. I have never ran across this in any build I have ever done within the last 20 years. Any insight would be appreciated. Below are the system specs:

Asus ROG Strix B350 Gaming Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (2x8GB)
AMD RX 580 8GB Video Card
256GB SSD
2TB Hard Drive for data
850W PSU
Windows 10 x64

phil.r.greco

Prominent
Jul 3, 2018
Only power option i have set in Windows is to turn off display after 15 minutes.... sleep mode is set to never... possible for W10 to still attempt that even though it is not selected?

phil.r.greco

Prominent
Jul 3, 2018
On top of all of this, my SSD (where Windows is) does not show in BIOS, just my optical and data 2TB HDD.... but, boots fine into Windows... not sure if this is all related.