[SOLVED] Brand new add not working and old hhd

popheadkiller

Prominent
Jan 11, 2020
I got fans and a ssd this Christmas and I put them in my pc but when I turned it on only my m.2 was showing not my 4tb hhd or 1tb ssd that I just got the hhd was working yesterday and I switched every cable but the sata cable could that be it ?

Solution
Have you checked for your disks Disk Management?
When you buy a new hdd/ssd they are in unformatted state so they cannot be identified by Windows neither you can see the in the <My PC>.
In disk management, formatted Storages are in Blue Color, while the unformatted ones in Black.
If you found them on black (in which they should be), right click on them and go to format and continue the steps given, the defaults are fine except if you know what you are changing.
Hope I helped.

xoutostrela

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
Have you checked for your disks Disk Management?
When you buy a new hdd/ssd they are in unformatted state so they cannot be identified by Windows neither you can see the in the <My PC>.
In disk management, formatted Storages are in Blue Color, while the unformatted ones in Black.
If you found them on black (in which they should be), right click on them and go to format and continue the steps given, the defaults are fine except if you know what you are changing.
Hope I helped.

Solution