BRAND NEW BUILD** ASUS Z-170-AR - Overclocking Failed!

jm298907

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
When I boot up the machine for the first time since my build (which was last night into this morning) i did not change a single thing on the bios. I don't even have an OS nor all of the drivers set up (obviously) when i went into the bios just to change the date and time and check all of the temps everything was good, and I exited. When the machine rebooted it now says overclocking failed and only lets me go into the bios. I have reset the bios back to factory defaults and still nothing. Current BIOS version is 1801 x64 and current ME FW version is 11.0.0.1168. I have windows 10 on a disk in the CD-ROM drive right now but i can't even boot off of that. Help? Suggestions? I am going to put my entire build on here.

i5-6500
Corsair H60
Asus z170-AR
G.Skill Aegis 3000 DDR4 8GBx2
EVGA 550w Supernova Gold
Crucial m.2 550GB SSD

Solution
Flash to latest BIOS. Clear CMOS by pulling coin battery from mobo. Load BIOS optimized defaults. Make sure RAM is installed in 2,4 or 1,3 according to manual, or try booting with only one stick installed.

chenuki

Respectable
May 11, 2016
Flash to latest BIOS. Clear CMOS by pulling coin battery from mobo. Load BIOS optimized defaults. Make sure RAM is installed in 2,4 or 1,3 according to manual, or try booting with only one stick installed.

Solution