[SOLVED] Brand new build - monitor shows NO DVI SIGNAL and MSI Z370 EZ Debug GPU light flashes on start.

Dec 21, 2018
I just got done building a new build (I'm rather inexperienced) and I plugged it in to turn it on for the first time and the fans start spinning, the lights on the cpu water pump glow, the lights on the GPU glow as well but the monitor shows no DVI connection. The Keyboard I have plugged in lights up fine.

Interestingly the EZ Debug LED for the GPU only stays on for a few seconds after pressing the power button and after that it turns off but nothing happens, fans keep spinning and RGBs Glowing but the monitor doesn't react. I hope nothing is wrong with the CPU or Motherboard at least.

Something may be wrong with the GPU according to the EZ Debug LED, but If the GPU was not functioning properly would the Gigabyte RGB on front continue glowing?

Specs:
Mobo: MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 OC
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro h100i V2
PSU: EVGA 650 G3

I would be really thankful for some help as this is nervewracking because it's my first full build and quite expensive

EDIT: I took out the GPU to try and boot without it and monitor works and the BOOT menu works fine. The problem is purely with the GPU it seems to me. Also I have a DVI cable going directly into the mobo. Could the issue be that im simply missing a Displayport cable and thats why it wont boot when the GPU is installed.