Brand new components and newly installed win 10, SLOW BOOTUP

Apr 1, 2018
Hi! I recently bought my own gaming rig, after I finished putting up all the parts together, I installed Windows 10, but my main problem is that, the bootup is so slow compared to my friend's computer which is 1 month older than mine. I tried to enabled MSI fast boot and turned on windows 10 fast startup too. Please help me. :(

Components are :
i5 7600k
Corsair ddr4 8gb 2400mhz
Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Asus GTX 1060 Dual OC
MSI Z270 Krait Gaming

BOOTUP VIDEO - https://youtu.be/ZmtoTAVAcPw

my friend's components are:
i3 7100
HyperX ddr4 8gb 2400mhz
Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Galax 1050ti white OC
MSI H110M PRO-VD+

BOOTUP VIDEO - https://youtu.be/xQo0vZSYLUU

Solution
Let him participate,both post your system specs,

quote] download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "short text report",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons[/quote]

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Sure that friend has no ssd?
Also looks like your windows restarts,make sure all bios settings are set right. The disk being nr1 at boot,ahci enabled etc.
Also use optimal default values except do enable XMP so that your ram will run at rated specs.

MichaelAlexand3r

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Definitely need an SSD - Just buy a 120GB for the boot; keep your TB for storage.

Also, I would buy a Apricorn eZ Gig Cloning cable; it will be a life long friend, you can clone any harddrive.

Buy a SSD, buy the wire/CD package, clone your current HDD onto the SSD - switch out HDD for SSD, buy another sata cable; plug that on your CPU, and put the HDD right with the SSD.

You'll be good :)

I bought the Apricorn here in Canada for like 29.99; and a SSD, at 120GB is 50$; get a Samsung EVO 850 240GB for like 90-130 depending on where you are.

Also, depending on that GPU.. I would consider getting an extra 4gb ram.

Apr 1, 2018
But me and my friends built his PC :( He has no SSD, we both have the same HDD, Seagate 1tb, now i'm really confused because I reinstalled the OS (with a bootable USB that he too used in his PC) :(

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Well for just hdd that's pretty quick. Guess he disabled bios settings which do checks or something like that.Also you do reboot,not fresh boot which takes just a little longer.Also almost seems like it's checking for updates at one point (please wait).
Ask him what he disabled.

You enabled XMP? In the bios for best ram settings.

That's way too fast for a mechanical HD, has to be an SSD, the Win 10 circle only spun 3 times.

Should really open task manager on boot, on the performance tab, that would really tell what's going on for sure.

Yeah, there is no way a regular HD is going to be that fast, normally it's like 6 to 8 spins.

And that's for a clean OS.

Needs to open task manager on boot and click on drive C so we can see what is going on.

Here is mine cold boot with a Samsung NVME M.2 960 EVO, this is normal, no fast boot enabled.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbiAV6dKWPE"][/video]

Apr 1, 2018
sorry for the late update, i installed a fresh windows 10, and it boots up much more slower than before, this is kinda frustrating :( I restored the bios to Default, I tried to tweak it, but still slow bootup :(

Apr 1, 2018

He changed nothing, because that friend is not that exposed with these kinds of stuff :( we both installed windows 10 clean, and it’s still like this

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Let him participate,both post your system specs,

quote] download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "short text report",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons[/quote]

Solution