[SOLVED] Brand New Cpu won’t boot my computer

May 14, 2022
i just purchased a ryzen 7 5800x for my asus b550m-a wifi motherboard i installed it correctly with everything being so perfect but i can’t get a boot for some reason i did everything in videos and when i replaced it with my old cpu my pc boots up just fine with 0 problems, any idea on what i should do.

Solution
im not sure was i supposed to download the most recent one ?

Well, find out. That's why it's useful to say what you did rather than just saying that you did everything correctly. Because if you didn't confirm the BIOS version or look up what BIOS version was needed on ASUS's site and install the up-to-date BIOS if an updated version was required for the specific CPU, then you skipped an important part of the installation process.

DSzymborski

Titan
im not sure was i supposed to download the most recent one ?

Well, find out. That's why it's useful to say what you did rather than just saying that you did everything correctly. Because if you didn't confirm the BIOS version or look up what BIOS version was needed on ASUS's site and install the up-to-date BIOS if an updated version was required for the specific CPU, then you skipped an important part of the installation process.

Solution
May 14, 2022
yeah i forgot about updating the bios, is there a way to update it without a flash drive or not