[SOLVED] Brand new Gaming rig. Windows update 20H2 causing ingame issues. (Pausing and warping)

proballer25

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Good morning all,

I just updated to windows 20H2 and im now getting some very strange in game issues. This is with modern warefare and COD cold war. About 2-3 times a match the game will just pause like im having a lag spike, Then it will resume and warp me all over the place and then operate fine (Literally like someone hit a pause button). When this happens i have no packet lose or latency issues (35Ms) during these spikes. I can also still hear people speak over voice chat in real time. This seems to be on my system side of things because the people i play with are not experiencing it. I rolled back to windows 1909 and everything works as it should. Iv updated the mother boards bios to most current version as well as the Nvidia drivers to 457.51 . Which i was using 457.30 prior and it did the same thing. Im really thinking this is some sort of driver conflicting issue with the 20h2 build because i was not having this issue before i did the install. Anyone else having this problem or maybe could help me trouble shoot it ? Appreciate any help i can get this is very frustrating specially after spending the money on this new rig

Thanks!

My system specs
  • Intel Core i9 10850K 3.60GHz (5.20GHz Turbo), 10-Core 20-Thread
  • ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3080 OC 10GB
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E Gaming ATX Motherboard, WiFI 6
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • 1TB Intel 665P M.2 NVMe SSD
  • RGB AIO 240MM Liquid Cooling
  • 750W 80 Plus Gold PSU
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Solution
so it looks like i solved this. I rolled back one update on the ethernet adapter and havent had an issues since. Im not sure if its coincidence or it actually fixed the issue.
The only remotely possible way that would "fix" anything is if the driver you were running for LAN was really horribly written, and even then, it would only be a difference in MP. I'm really doubting this analogy to be accurate.
I would suspect driver issues as well, especially since you're on a new 3000 series GPU, and there's not been many driver updates for it yet. If I were you, I would nail down what GPUs others are using, and see if any of them not having the problem are on a 3000 series GPU. I'm doubting they are.

Reactions: proballer25

proballer25

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
I would suspect driver issues as well, especially since you're on a new 3000 series GPU, and there's not been many driver updates for it yet. If I were you, I would nail down what GPUs others are using, and see if any of them not having the problem are on a 3000 series GPU. I'm doubting they are.
so it looks like i solved this. I rolled back one update on the ethernet adapter and havent had an issues since. Im not sure if its coincidence or it actually fixed the issue.

The only remotely possible way that would "fix" anything is if the driver you were running for LAN was really horribly written, and even then, it would only be a difference in MP. I'm really doubting this analogy to be accurate.

Solution