[SOLVED] Brand new i7 10700K has 100% usage when playing GTA 5, even with 0.5 resolution scale

Retr0Amz

Prominent
Jan 24, 2021
The title says it all, all i can get is 45 fps in certain areas, huge fps drops, continuous 100% CPU usage, around 10% GPU usage and, as task manager says, a very high power usage and power usage trend caused by GTA5.exe. I have an Asus 1080ti Turbo and a Msi Z490 Gaming Plus mobo. I really could use some help, I don't know if this is normal but it doesn't seem to be.

Solution
new mainboard leaves possibility for driver confusion when booting with new mainboard; you can try deleting everything that shows in device manager, hitting reset, and allowing everything to be redetected, then installing correct drivers from assorted mainboard and GPU manufacturers...

Or, nuke and pave (full reinstall as if new), which is arguably best anyway.
Was this WIndows 10 installation and game installation used with an earlier build. or is everything a fresh install?

If a fresh install, all chipset and GPU driver packages installed, or are you running from default MS drivers provided during the install?

Retr0Amz

Prominent
Jan 24, 2021
Was this WIndows 10 installation and game installation used with an earlier build. or is everything a fresh install?

If a fresh install, all chipset and GPU driver packages installed, or are you running from default MS drivers provided during the install?
I am using the stock Windows 10 I had in my SSD before changing CPU and Mobo. The game is fresh installed though. I updated GPU drivers to the newest version, getting more fps in RDR with less CPU usage. I noticed that it looks like GTA steals all the free CPU, like, if there's 60%, GTA5.exe takes all the 60%, if there 96, it takes 96% with no fps difference.

new mainboard leaves possibility for driver confusion when booting with new mainboard; you can try deleting everything that shows in device manager, hitting reset, and allowing everything to be redetected, then installing correct drivers from assorted mainboard and GPU manufacturers...

Reactions: Retr0Amz
Solution

Retr0Amz

Prominent
Jan 24, 2021

I reinstalled windows on my ssd and did a full format of the disk, installed new bios update, mobo and vga drivers and now i get around 15% CPU usage and solid 75/80 fps playing GTA Online in city center in session full of players with max graphics quality, in singleplayer i get stable 144 fps with maxed out graphics. This is insane, now I can feel the power of this CPU, thanks for the help!!