Question Brand new PC Crashing Randomly

VirusVox

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hey all,

I built a brand new PC about a month ago and it has honestly been hell. My Ryzen 7 3800X arrived missing a pin, and my ML240L arrived damaged. I also had to deal with problems relating to random shutdowns, but after taking out cable extensions this seemed to clear up the problem. However today those same shutdowns reappeared, each one triggering a Kernel-Power error in Event Viewer. I know the PSU is good - when I ordered in parts for my new system I made a slight oversight and ordered a 550Watt PSU instead of a 650 Watt one, so I traded with my roommate. His PC was built less than 2 months ths before mine and the PSU was brand new and never caused any issues. So I'm confident it's not that, especially since we've tried using a different PSU and the problem still persisted. It doesn't matter what I'm doing - sitting at the desktop, under load in Prime 95, playing a game, it'll restart whenever it feels like it. When these shutdowns occur I also sometimes cannot get the PC to post. The computer will power up fine and all of the RGB except for the fans will come on, but it won't move past that state. Unfortunately this Gigabyte motherboard has no post code readout so I can't find out what's going wrong in the post phase. I've tried practically everything - I've reseated the CPU, tested RAM endlessly, cleared the CMOS, you name it and I've tried it. The only thing left untested are the drives and the motherboard. Does anyone have any idea what I can do here?

My specs are as follows:

Ryzen 7 3800X
RTX 2070 SUPER
16 GB DDR4-3600
1TB NVME SSD
2TB HDD
Gigabyte B550 Gaming X
And a DeepCool 5 fan pack.

I currently have the stock cooler installed that came with the 3800X.