Question Brand new PC won't boot for first time, VGA Light is on ?

Dec 3, 2022
CPU: Intel core I7-12700f, Thermaltake fan cooling.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070ti 8gb (ddr6?)
MOBO: GIGABYTE Intel B660 DS3H AC DDR4 LGA ( AX 1700?)
RAM: 2x8 gb Oloy blade ddr4 3200 mhz
PSU: SMG 750W 80 plus gold
Memory: MSI Spatium m390 1tb m.2 nvme
Case: Rosewill spectra d100
OS Windows 11 pro.
Cooling: 4 case fans

Basically bought this as my second PC ever owned. I built my first one from scratch just fine. But this pre-built ABS Gladiator just won't boot. The VGA light on the motherboard comes on every time. I have tried starting with gpu, gpu in different seat, without gpu. No ram, 1 stick of ram in every spot, 2 sticks of ram in positions 2 and 4. Taken each and every cable out of psu and reseating them. And inspecting all pins to make sure they aren't bent or missing. I'm at a loss here. The motherboard manual isn't all that useful for troubleshooting and without customer support until Monday I'm stranded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just getting frustrated by myself at this point. All the troubleshooting guides online point to the gpu in some form.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

without gpu
The processor in your build doesn't have an iGPU which is what the F suffix in the processor's SKU stands for. So even if it did power up, you wouldn't get display out.

Did you try clearing the CMOS while the platform is powered down and disconnected from the wall and display? How are you cooling the processor in the build? As for your prebuilt, how old is it? You might want to also include an image of the motherboard to understand what you've/we've got to work with. Gigabyte make a number of B660 chipset boards.

Reactions: JROD20981823
Dec 3, 2022

without gpu
The processor in your build doesn't have an iGPU which is what the F suffix in the processor's SKU stands for. So even if it did power up, you wouldn't get display out.

Did you try clearing the CMOS while the platform is powered down and disconnected from the wall and display? How are you cooling the processor in the build? As for your prebuilt, how old is it? You might want to also include an image of the motherboard to understand what you've/we've got to work with. Gigabyte make a number of B660 chipset boards.

Hey, thanks. I did try clearing CMOS. The pre-built is all brand new parts. I'll try getting a picture in as well.

Dec 3, 2022

without gpu

Hopefully this works.
https://imageshack.com/my/images
PC is fan cooled as well.

Lutfij

Titan
The URL doesn't work for me. + Noticed your initial post's edit.

See a white button at the base of the motherboard with QFLASH_PLUS written under it? That button is to help flash your BIOS with the latest version. You might want to follow through your motherboard manual, here, page 32 under QFLASH_PLUS (Q-Flash Plus Button).

IMHO, if the build is brand new, you might want to avoid tinkering with it. There have been instances where the builder has voided warranty due to end user interference.

It's a prebuilt and it should work immediately without any issues. That's why you paid extra, so it can be assembled and working as intended by them.

You should avoid messing with it and call them right away mentioning that there is a problem and that they need to fix it asap as it's under warranty.

Dec 3, 2022
The URL doesn't work for me. + Noticed your initial post's edit.

See a white button at the base of the motherboard with QFLASH_PLUS written under it? That button is to help flash your BIOS with the latest version. You might want to follow through your motherboard manual, here, page 32 under QFLASH_PLUS (Q-Flash Plus Button).

IMHO, if the build is brand new, you might want to avoid tinkering with it. There have been instances where the builder has voided warranty due to end user interference.
I will try it out. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll let you know if it works. I was going to try a different/all gpu slot as well.

Dec 3, 2022
It's a prebuilt and it should work immediately without any issues. That's why you paid extra, so it can be assembled and working as intended by them.

You should avoid messing with it and call them right away mentioning that there is a problem and that they need to fix it asap as it's under warranty.
I completely agree. I've emailed them, but haven't called as they only work Monday through Friday.

TRENDING THREADS