Question Brand new pc wont do anything

Jul 22, 2020
I just built a system and it literally does nothing, no sound, no lights, no nothing.

The psu is confirmed working from another system and is definitely enough watts.

spec list:
ram: Ripjaws 16 gb 3600
Cpu: ryzen 5 2600
gpu: Gtx 1660
Mobo: asrock b450 hdv rev 4

also tested on a msi b450 gaming plus max and same result.

Jul 22, 2020
The 24 pin power connector is properly connected to the motherboard?

The CPU power connector is connected to the motherboard?

If your GPU has power connectors they are connected properly?

What is your PSU? Not in the specs.

Psu is evga 800 watt. As far as i can tell everything is properly connected.

Yes i did everything on the list and got absolutely nothing, i also switched the cpu out with a known working one and STILL got nothing. The only thing i can think of is that somehow both of my brand new motherboards are dead but it just doesnt make sense.
That is weird, whenever I've had a board failure, fan's would still spin, so to have nothing happening is strange.
It is totally possible to have two dead boards though, at one point during the am2 days I had a doa from asrock, asus and two biostars (biostar is garbage, lesson learned), but they all would still have the psu power on and have fans spin for at least a second. Have you checked if the psu still works by putting it back in the other pc or doing a paper clip test?
If the psu is still fine, then I guess maybe both boards had malfunctioning power delivery system or so. RMA if you can.

Jul 22, 2020
That is weird, whenever I've had a board failure, fan's would still spin, so to have nothing happening is strange.
It is totally possible to have two dead boards though, at one point during the am2 days I had a doa from asrock, asus and two biostars (biostar is garbage, lesson learned), but they all would still have the psu power on and have fans spin for at least a second. Have you checked if the psu still works by putting it back in the other pc or doing a paper clip test?
If the psu is still fine, then I guess maybe both boards had malfunctioning power delivery system or so. RMA if you can.
I was able to get the system started by doing the paperclip test while the system was plugged in, i am not able to turn it on with the power button or by shorting the pins on the motherboard though. The paperclip also has to be held on the whole time or the psu will just turn off.